Top 15 Places to Stay in Indiana’s Cool North
Posted on April 17, 2017 by Indiana's Cool North
Discover your new home away from home in Indiana’s Cool North. Check out our top 15 places to lay your head in Northern Indiana—because the best memories are created after a good night’s sleep.
Fine Dining in Downtown Valparaiso
One of the best parts about exploring a city is discovering its unique culinary scene—and the choices just keep growing in Valparaiso’s lively downtown dining district. Whether you want to tuck in to a juicy steak in a more casual setting, or savor an elegant seafood dish in a romantic atmosphere, you’ll find the right place to please your palate in this vibrant city.
Here are a few of downtown Valparaiso’s best restaurants, many of which offer outdoor dining in the summer months:
- Don Quijote Restaurant: a delicious array of tapas and dishes created by Spanish owners
- Meditrina Café: classic Mediterranean favorites
- Valley Kitchen & Bar: a farm-to-table restaurant with an ever-changing menu
- Main + Lincoln: offering a fresh take on classic dishes
- Parea: home of steak and seafood
- The Silver Spoon: serving comfort food with an innovative twist for breakfast and lunch
- Casa Del Mar: authentic and innovative Mexican cuisine
- Pikk’s Tavern: serving up steak, ribs, and a kick-back-and-hang atmosphere
- Blackbird Café: a fun coffeehouse with great baked goods
- Stacks Bar and Grill: a hip space with artistic and delicious fare
- Tony’s Place: a longtime favorite for pizza and Italian eats
- Figure Eight Brewing: a cool microbrewery with beer-infused food
Don’t forget to sample some of the best desserts around. A cupcake from Designer Desserts or ice cream from Valpo Velvet are sure to be the cherry on top of your Valparaiso dining experience.