Best Ways to Cool Off in Indiana’s Cool North
Posted on June 25, 2023 by Dina Miller
Summer is heating up! And just as the name Indiana's Cool North implies, we have places to help you keep cool! There are a number of budget-friendly splash pads and beaches to take the kids. If you like adventure, visit one of our waterparks or try paddling on one of our many river and water spots. There's even a floating obstacle course in Lake Michigan. Make the most of the dog days of summer by finding some great places to cool down!
Oktoberfests along the South Shore
From now through the end of October there are celebrations going on along the South Shore, with beer, German food vendors and live entertainment. Which one will you visit?
- Valtoberfest – September 16, 2023
- St. John Oktoberfest – September 22-24, 2023
- Oktoberfest at Fair Oaks Farms – September 30, 2023
- Crown Point Oktoberfest – October 6-7, 2023
- Griffith Oktoberfest – October 6-8, 2023
- Oktoberfest at Halls of St. George – October 21, 2023
- 27 Minutes to Indiana Dunes
- 42 Minutes to Michigan City
- 82 Minutes to Elkhart County