Top 10 Big Events for 2022 in Indiana’s Cool North
Posted on March 31, 2022 by Dina Miller
Indiana's Cool North has some big events; you know the ones you look forward to every year, and don't want to miss. To help you plan ahead, and get them on your calendar, we've made a list of our Top 10 biggest events. Everything from the county fairs to the biggest festivals and those weekly markets that draw huge crowds.
Downtown Valparaiso – Indulge in Delicious Dining
The only challenge about dining in downtown Valparaiso is deciding which one of the highly rated restaurants to choose. The dining scene in this university community is booming, offering everything from Spanish and Mediterranean fare to classic fine steaks and seafood with a twist, delicious pub fare and pizza. You may be able to enjoy outdoor dining during the warm months. We’re listing a few of downtown Valpo’s best.
Local residents and visitors rave about these Valparaiso restaurants:
- Don Quijote Restaurant: a delicious array of tapas and dishes created by Spanish owners
- Meditrina Market Café: intimate restaurant with Mediterranean favorites
- Main + Lincoln: classic dishes with a new American food twist
- Paréa: fine dining for steak and seafood with a contemporary flair
- Pikk’s Tavern: fine dining in an upscale, comfortable setting
- Blackbird Café: warm coffeehouse with pastries, sandwiches and salads
- Stacks Bar and Grill: cozy and hip, featuring updated comfort classics
- Tony’s Place: award-winning pizza at longtime local favorite
All that good eating calls for a grand finale, and Valparaiso has you covered there too. Stop in to Designer Desserts for a gourmet cupcake or feast on the city’s favorite ice cream at Valpo Velvet Shoppe, a treat local residents have cherished for over 60 years.