Top 15 Local Favorites in Northern Indiana
Posted on April 17, 2017 by Indiana's Cool North
History, festivals, and exquisite dining collide in Indiana’s Cool North. We asked locals to list their favorite attractions, activities, and events so you can get the most authentic experience possible on your visit to Northern Indiana. Whether you take in one or go for the full 15, you’ll learn just what makes our corner of the country so special.
Downtown Valparaiso – Indulge in Delicious Dining
The only challenge about dining in downtown Valparaiso is deciding which one of the highly rated restaurants to choose. The dining scene in this university community is booming, offering everything from Spanish and Mediterranean fare to classic fine steaks and seafood with a twist, delicious pub fare and pizza. Some may only offer carry-out, or have limited seating during COVID-19. So check ahead of time. You may be able to enjoy outdoor dining during the warm months. We’re listing a few of downtown Valpo’s best.
Local residents and visitors rave about these Valparaiso restaurants:
- Don Quijote Restaurant: a delicious array of tapas and dishes created by Spanish owners
- Meditrina Market Café: intimate restaurant with Mediterranean favorites
- Main + Lincoln: classic dishes with a new American food twist
- Paréa: fine dining for steak and seafood with a contemporary flair
- Pikk’s Tavern: fine dining in an upscale, comfortable setting
- Blackbird Café: warm coffeehouse with pastries, sandwiches and salads
- Stacks Bar and Grill: cozy and hip, featuring updated comfort classics
- Tony’s Place: award-winning pizza at longtime local favorite
- Figure Eight Brewing: a cool microbrewery with delicious, casual food
All that good eating calls for a grand finale, and Valparaiso has you covered there too. Stop in to Designer Desserts for a gourmet cupcake or feast on the city’s favorite ice cream at Valpo Velvet Shoppe, a treat local residents have cherished for over 60 years.