Top 15 Places to Stay in Indiana’s Cool North
Posted on April 17, 2022 by Indiana's Cool North
Discover your new home away from home in Indiana’s Cool North. Check out our top 15 places to lay your head in Northern Indiana—because the best memories are created after a good night’s sleep.
Downtown Valparaiso – Indulge in Delicious Dining
The only challenge about dining in downtown Valparaiso is deciding which one of the highly rated restaurants to choose. The dining scene in this university community is booming, offering everything from Spanish and Mediterranean fare to classic fine steaks and seafood with a twist, delicious pub fare and pizza. You may be able to enjoy outdoor dining during the warm months. We’re listing a few of downtown Valpo’s best.
Local residents and visitors rave about these Valparaiso restaurants:
- Don Quijote Restaurant: a delicious array of tapas and dishes created by Spanish owners
- Meditrina Market Café: intimate restaurant with Mediterranean favorites
- Main + Lincoln: classic dishes with a new American food twist
- Paréa: fine dining for steak and seafood with a contemporary flair
- Pikk’s Tavern: fine dining in an upscale, comfortable setting
- Blackbird Café: warm coffeehouse with pastries, sandwiches and salads
- Stacks Bar and Grill: cozy and hip, featuring updated comfort classics
- Tony’s Place: award-winning pizza at longtime local favorite
All that good eating calls for a grand finale, and Valparaiso has you covered there too. Stop in to Designer Desserts for a gourmet cupcake or feast on the city’s favorite ice cream at Valpo Velvet Shoppe, a treat local residents have cherished for over 60 years.