Indiana’s Cool North offers tempting fall flavors — savory and sweet foods, microbrews and coffees! Check them out.
It’s a great idea to call an attraction, restaurant and shop to make sure they’re open before visiting.
⇒ 8 minutes to Le Peep
1. Dagger Mountain Roastery’s featured fall drink, Spice Grrl Latte, is a local favorite! Dagger Mountain is a coffee roasting company that sources, roasts, and drinks the best coffees that they can possibly find, starting with green coffee from various regions of the world, including: Central America, South America, and Africa.
If you are heading home with the coffee, why not pick up some baked goods to go with it? Indiana’s Cool North has some amazing bakeries.
⇐ 8 minutes to Dagger Mountain Roastery ⇒ 14 minutes to Red Cup Cafe
2. Valparaiso’s Le Peep Restaurant serves breakfast, brunch, and lunch. With menu items like the Lumberjack Breakfast, Gooey Buns, and Harvest Benedict, Le Peep has something for everyone. Their fall specials include Pumpkin Cranberry Pancakes and Caramel Apple French Toast!
The fall colors are still hanging on, so after breakfast, head out to some of those fantastic places to see fall foliage in Indiana’s Cool North.
⇐ 14 minutes to Le Peep ⇒ 19 minutes to Shoreline Brewery
3. Red Cup Cafe in downtown Chesterton serves coffee drinks, deli sandwiches, breakfast sandwiches, fresh baked goods, and more. The cafe’s eclectic decor and thoughtful staff make it a favorite among locals.
Bring along the bike and hit some of Indiana’s Cool North bike trails after you eat; fall is such a great time to ride!
⇐ minutes to TBD ⇒ 22 minutes to Trattoria Enzo
4. Shoreline Brewery and Restaurant has mouth-watering fall specials: a new Confit Chicken finished in the Hearth Oven with Smoked Garlic-Hazelnut Pesto or Pan Fried Asiago Gnocchi with Sage Roasted Autumnal Squash, Rainbow Chard and a Grained Mustard-Cider Jus. Their seasonal beer feature is a traditional Oktoberfest Lager. The outdoor patio will be open late into the fall with patio heaters and the fire pit running daily.
Now let’s take a fall stroll on a nearby hiking trail or riverwalk.
⇐ 22 minutes to Shoreline Brewery ⇒ 1 minute to New Age Baking Company
5. Trattoria Enzo’s weekend specials will reflect the flavors of the season. Butternut Squash Ravioli and soups are on the menu now. Be sure to watch for other seasonal specials like pumpkin martini and apple pie! You won’t want to miss out.
Be sure to visit an instagrammable place in Indiana’s Cool North.
⇐ 1 minute to Trattoria Enzo ⇒ 53 minutes to Main Street Roasters
6. Visit the New Age Baking Company to satisfy your fall cravings with yummy pumpkin cake donuts and apple spice glazed yeast donuts. They also can meet your pie needs this fall with pumpkin, apple, cherry, blueberry and peach pies.
Learn more about things to do in Indiana’s Cool North.
⇐ 53 minutes to New Age Baking Company ⇒ 23 minutes to Goshen Brewing Company
7. Fall coffee flavors have arrived at Main Street Roasters. Think Vermont Maple Nut, Pumpkin Spice or Creme Brulee, among other favorites! The coffee house offers daily specials and is perfect for taking a break for lunch or a snack.
Take your coffee to go, and explore one of the tours and trails in Indiana’s Cool North.
⇐ 23 minutes to Main Street Roasters ⇒ 18 minutes to Das Dutchman Essenhaus
8. Goshen Brewing Company suggests that you put some oomph in your step with their Oktoberfest beer! In addition to their seasonal beers, their food menu emphasizes local and organic ingredients. GBCo also offers carry-out and table service on the lawn.
GBCo is a local favorite; learn more about other local favorites in Indiana’s Cool North!
⇐ 18 minutes to Goshen Brewing Company ⇒ 13 minutes to Blue Gate Restaurant & Bakery
9. Das Dutchman Essenhaus pies are famous and people drive for miles to pick up their favorite from the 30 varieties they offer. The bakery is filled with fall flavored goodies or you can enjoy the time honored tradition of a family style meal by dining in or carrying out. (*Please check with the restaurant to see their current status for welcoming guests.)
Indiana’s Cool North ultimate shopping locations include the Village Shops at Das Dutchman Essenhaus as well as other unique places.
⇐ 13 minutes to Das Dutchman Essenhaus
10. Is there any season where foods spend more time in the spotlight than the fall? The Blue Gate Restaurant and Bakery can help with delicious treats and goodies to take home, like homemade bread, their famous Blue Gate Amish Peanut Butter Spread, a wide assortment of jams and jellies, cookies, pies, noodles and other Amish favorites!
Learn more about how you can explore the world of the Amish in Indiana’s Cool North.
See individual theatres for schedule of shows and concerts.
Indiana's Cool North
Indiana's Cool North has a number of theatres. See the individual theatres for their show and concert schedules.View Details
Flea Market every Tuesday and Wednesday, May through September
Shipshewana Flea Market
The Shipshewana Flea Market is a do-not-miss Hoosier tradition with nearly 700 booths in an open-air market covering 40 acres.View Details
Every Saturday from the beginning of May through the end of October
Broadway and Third St., next to Thomas Centennial Park
Our European Market provides a strong tradition of quality shopping, live entertainment, and a festive community experience.View Details
The first Friday of every month
Experience a themed celebration each month as the downtown is filled with live performances, shopping and dining specials, and family-friendly activities.View Details
2023 Home Games: Sept. 2, 16, 23; Oct. 14, 28; Nov. 18
University of Notre Dame
The weekends when Notre Dame Football has a home game are always a little more special than any other weekend of the year.View Details
September 22 - September 24, 2023
Arts and crafts, rides for children, a pork chop dinner, fish fry and pancake breakfast, a parade, scarecrow sculpting, variety acts, a car show, and more!View Details